- Activity: Listening Activity
- Language: Educated Spoken Arabic & MSA
- Themes: Citizen Journalism (صحافة المواطن), Social Media
- Media: http://goo.gl/opkhOn (13min)
- Source: BBC Arabic
- Listen to the interview with Louay Ismael from the BBC Arabic who talks about Citizen Journalism and how the BBC deals with this type of media
- Answer the comprehension questions in English and prepare yourself to discuss your answers w/ your classmates in Arabic.
– According to Louay Ismail, what is citizen journalism?
– What’s the difference between a citizen journalist and a professional journalist?
– What are their main characteristics of each type of media?
– Is it possible for anyone to become a citizen journalist? Why?
– How does a citizen journalist deal with events when they occur?
– Could citizen journalism be integrated with traditional media?
– What does Louay Ismail think about the merge between the two types of media?
– How does the programme ‘I Witness’ (“أنا الشاهد” ) integrate citizen journalism?
– What does Louay think about the recent uprisings in the Arab World?