Thank you for participating in this initiative. We would love to hear your thoughts and reflections on each of the following questions below. There is no word limit as such.
Please include the questions below when submitting your story.
- Tell us about yourself (name, origins, current degree/studies, academic background, university & graduation year, professions, etc.)
- How long have you been studying Arabic? What is your current level?
- What made you decide to study the Arabic language and culture? What & who inspired you? What were your motivations?
- Have you had any ups and downs while learning Arabic?
- What careers are you planning to pursue (or have embarked on) using your Arabic language skills?
- What does it take to become an excellent student of Arabic? What recommendations would you give to anyone interested in learning Arabic?
- What is your favourite Arabic word?
- What is your least favourite Arabic word?
- Who’s your most inspiring Arab personality?
- What is your favourite place in the Arab World?
- What is your favorite Arabic quote?
- What is your favourite Arabic book and why?
- Phonetic writing of your full name (in Arabic) ______
- Twitter username (if you have one): _________
- Instagram username (if you have one): ______
What & Where to submit
To submit your story, please email the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Your story as a Word file (please write your thoughts under each question)
- 1-2 headshot photos of yourself
- Website → Meet Mr. Leslie McLoughlin! | My Journey to Arabic #15
- Twitter → Mr. Leslie McLaughlin (Excerpts from the Interview)
- Instagram → Ms. Catherine Cobham (Excerpts from the Interview)
For further profiles, see MJTA Profiles Index
Should you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to get in touch.