There are a number of useful Arabic <> English translation apps designed for both native speakers and learners of Arabic. Here is a collection of the top translators. If you are familiar with any other apps not listed below, please do share them with us.
- WordReference Dictionary
- Oxford Language Dictionary
- Cambridge English-Arabic
- Almaany Dictionary معجم المعاني
- Almanac | Searchable Root-Based Dictionaries
- Google Translate
- Arabic Dictionary – English Arabic Translator
- English Arabic Dictionary
- Microsoft Translate
- ProZ.com | Searchable Translation Glossaries
- Mawrid Al-Qareeb Dictionary
1. WordReference Dictionary
The power of WordReference.com on your phone: English to Spanish, French, etc.
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about WordReference Dictionary. Download WordReference Dictionary and enjoy it on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
2. Oxford Language Dictionary
About Oxford Dictionaries apps
3. Cambridge English-Arabic
With over a million apps and games, Google Play has something for everyone. Browse and install your favorite Android apps and games on your Android phone, tablet, TV or from the Web.
4. Almaany Dictionary معجم المعاني
Almaany.com Offical offline Arabic Arabic dictionary
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Almaany.com Arabic Dictionary معجم المعاني عربي عربي. Download Almaany.com Arabic Dictionary معجم المعاني عربي عربي and enjoy it on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
5. Arabic Almanac: Searchable Root Based Dictionaries
The Hans Wehr app is a fully searchable version of the Arabic-English dictionary
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots, and learn more about Arabic Almanac. Download Arabic Almanac and enjoy it on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
6. Google Translate (Arabic <> First Language)
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots and learn more about Google Translate. Download Google Translate and enjoy it on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Translate between 103 languages by typing* Tap to Translate: Copy text in any app and your translation pops up* Offline: Translate 52 languages when you have no Internet* Instant camera translation: Use your camera to translate text instantly in 30 languages* Camera Mode: Take pictures of text for higher-quality translations
7. Arabic Dictionary – English Arabic Translator
- Description: Bilingual dictionary for student, teacher and traveler translates words and phrases from English to Arabic and Arabic to English. Over 200,000 English and 150,000 Arabic words in an offline dictionary, with offline pronunciation.
8. English Arabic Dictionary
- Description: Includes more than 750K words and expressions. Easy to use, fast, no internet required. Offline pronunciation (US, UK, AU, and other languages). English dictionary & thesaurus with examples and explanations. Ability to search sentences, phrases, related words
9. Microsoft Translator
Translate text, voice, and images into 60+ languages with Microsoft Translator.
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots and learn more about Microsoft Translator. Download Microsoft Translator and enjoy it on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
10. ProZ.com | Searchable Translation Glossaries and Dictionaries
- Search ProZ.com’s extensive translation dictionaries and glossaries for medical, legal, technical and other specialized terms, in Spanish, Italian, German, Chinese, Arabic and many other languages.
- MyMemory is the world’s largest Translation Memory. MyMemory is 100% free. It has been created collecting TMs from the European Union, United Nations and aligning the best domain specific multilingual websites. You can download memories for free in TMX format and use them with your CAT tool of choice.
This app helps you remember tasks to do.
An Example Search of the word”Cosmopolitan”
Cosmopolitan?, كوزموبوليتان؟, , , Translation, human translation, automatic translation.
12. Mawrid Al-Qareeb Dictionary
- Description: “The most advanced Arabic-English and English-Arabic dictionary by the oldest and largest publishing and distribution house of Arabic books and educational materials in the Arab world. The dictionary contains more than 33,000 words with many related appendices.”
Read reviews, compare customer ratings, see screenshots and learn more about Al-Mawrid Al-Qareeb Arabic-English Dictionary. Download Al-Mawrid Al-Qareeb Arabic-English Dictionary and enjoy it on your iPhone, iPad and iPod touch.
Broken Links: If there is a broken link in this page, please report it via the Feedback button (located to the right) so we can fix it. Thank you.
Disclaimer: The eArabic Learning Portal is not responsible for the content of external websites. External links are selected and reviewed at the time of publication.